Material Code: MTP
- Key Facts
- Material: Matt Transparent Polyester
- Printer Compatibility: Laser Printers
- Adhesive: Permanent
- Waterproof: Yes
- Product Information
These labels are supplied on A4 sheets of matt clear polyester with a permanent waterproof adhesive. They are for use with laser printers. Our clear labels are not “frosted” or “translucent”, nor are they “glass clear”. Although this material has a frosted appearance when it is peeled off of the backing sheet, when applied to a solid white or coloured surface the labels look almost completely clear. If applied to glass the adhesive may trap some air bubbles which will create a slightly frosted look. These labels are ideal for creating a professional, high-end look as any text or images printed onto them appears as though it has been printed directly onto the surface below.
Our matt clear laser labels are waterproof due to the polyester material, the waterproof adhesive, and the laser printing process. They are well-suited to conditions where the printed label is likely to get wet and can be wiped clean if required. Common uses include labels for bottles and containers that hold liquids, in damp conditions such as kitchens and bathrooms, on items that are displayed outside shops or in garden centres, or on packages that are to be shipped long distance. They can also be stuck over existing print to create a waterproof “cover” for that information.
- Common Uses
- Address labels – these labels are great for postal items as the clear material makes it appear as though each item has had information printed directly onto the envelope or package; the matt finish also creates a close match to the standard matt materials used for envelopes and packages. These labels are particularly popular on coloured or textured envelopes as the clear label not only avoids colour-matching problems, but also doesn’t obscure the effect created by using a colour or texture in the first place. This may be important because a company wants to emphasise a professional approach or an individual wants to create a luxury finish on special items such as wedding or christening invitations.
- Product labelling – the matt material makes these labels a common choice when a seamless quality finish is required. They are particularly useful on product boxes or bags that feature strong brand or company colours because they won’t obscure the pattern beneath them. They are often used to add product or company information onto CDs. The clear material also makes them a fun option for use with transparent materials, such as glass or plastic, as they allow information to be added without distracting from the transparency of the object.
- Adding information – clear labels are a great way of adding information to existing text on an object. You can match the existing font on an item and add new or additional information, such as sales information onto products or contact information onto company brochures. The matt finish blends well with matt materials, meaning it won’t detract from the overall finish of the item. Our waterproof clear matt labels are also a handy way to cover existing print on an item so that the text has a waterproof cover but can still be read.
- Colour-matching – using clear labels sidesteps the problem of matching the colour of a label to that of the item they are stuck onto. This is extremely useful in cases where a different colour or plain white label would look out of place, or where there is a need to promote a particular brand or company colour on an item but colour-matching is difficult or costly to achieve.
- Further Information
You can find further information using the links on the right:
Alternative Labels: use these links to find similar or alternative labels to matt transparent polyester labels. For example, if customers prefer a gloss finish rather than a matt finish they can choose our gloss transparent polyester labels, which can be found here.
Printing Templates: click here to download templates for these labels.
Sample Requests: click here to request samples of our matt transparent polyester labels. Simply fill in the form with your contact details and the samples you would like to try. You can also use this form to request advice/further information about the labels you are interested in.
Specification Sheet: click here for detailed material specifications for matt transparent polyester labels.
Please click on the product images below for prices, information and to buy.
MINIMUM ORDER QUANTITY: The most popular sizes have a minimum order quantity of 25 sheets while all other sizes have a minimum order quantity of 500 sheets. The minimum order quantity for each product is listed under the product images below and on the individual product pages.
DESPATCH: Same day despatch on orders of 25, 50 or 100 sheets of matt transparent polyester labels and up to five working day despatch for orders of 500+ sheets of matt transparent polyester labels.