Material Code: MWPE
- Key Facts
- Material: Matt White Polyethylene
- Printer Compatibility: Inkjet and Laser Printers
- Adhesive: Permanent (BS5609)
- Waterproof: Yes (Laser)
- Product Information
These labels are supplied on A4 sheets of matt white polyethylene with a permanent waterproof adhesive. They can be printed using an inkjet or a laser printer, or photocopiers. The polyethylene material is off-white in colour and thicker than our other materials. We advise customers to compare the material specifications against those of their printer and/or to request a sample to test. These labels were specially designed for labelling chemical drums and so the material is softer and more pliable than our polyester materials, with a very strong adhesive, which makes these labels well-suited to uneven or curved surfaces. Our white polyethylene labels are usually chosen because they are more durable than paper labels, more pliable than polyester labels, and/or waterproof. Generally these labels are intended for long term use or in conditions that standard labels are unlikely to survive.
Our matt white polyethylene labels are waterproof due to the polyethylene material, the waterproof adhesive, and the laser printing process. They are well-suited to conditions where the printed label is likely to get wet. Common uses include labels for bottles and containers that hold liquids, in damp conditions such as kitchens and bathrooms, on items that are displayed outside shops or in garden centres, or on packages that are to be shipped long distance. The material and adhesive used for these labels conform to the BS5609 part 2 standard for marine immersion, which means they have been tested in salt water at mid-tide for a period of three months, and are suitable for use in outdoor and marine environments.
- Common Uses
- Long life tracking labels – the polyethylene material and strong adhesive mean these labels are commonly used as long lasting tracking labels. This is a common requirement for address or shipping labels on items that may be travelling long distances or exposed to damp conditions, or for tracking items that will be put into storage. These labels can be printed with identifying information, delivery or storage instructions, or information stored in an alternative format such as barcodes and QR codes.
- Outdoor or marine conditions – as these labels conform to the BS5609 part 2 standard for marine immersion they can be used for applications that involve exposure to outdoor and/or marine conditions. Common examples of applications that require durable waterproof labels include labelling chemicals, medical and laboratory supplies, products that will be exposed to wet conditions such as kitchen, bathroom or gardening products, at swimming pools, equipment rental facilities, marinas, water sports companies, landscaping and gardening companies, construction and maintenance companies, and many more instances where identifying information, instructions, or signs need to remain in place even under adverse conditions. The pliable material and strong adhesive mean that these labels are ideal for use on all kinds of surfaces and materials, even in marine conditions.
- Curved and uneven surfaces – polyethylene is usually chosen in place of polyester due to its pliability. Standard polyester materials have a stronger “memory” which means that when they are applied to curved surfaces, the adhesive may not be strong enough to prevent the label from returning to its initial flat state and eventually peeling off of an item. The stronger adhesive and pliable material used for polyethylene labels help to avoid this problem. These labels were designed for the purpose of labelling chemical drums safely and securely with health and safety warnings and information identifying the contents. These labels are also useful when labelling containers such as bottles and jars, where the pliable material and strong adhesive allow the label to stay in place, even where it is curved around a cylindrical object.
- Retail labels – polyethylene labels can be used to add product information, company details, prices, or special features and promotions onto products, particularly items that have unusually shaped packaging or an uneven surface. They are also ideal for external shop displays or in garden centres, on containers that hold liquids such as bathroom or kitchen products, or on products that will be stored or used outside.
- Further Information
You can find further information using the links on the right:
Alternative Labels: use these links to find similar or alternative labels to matt white polyethylene labels. For example, in addition to labels made of matt white polyethylene, we also sell matt white polyester labels, which can be found here.
Printing Templates: click here to download templates for these labels.
Sample Requests: click here to request samples of our matt white polyethylene labels. Simply fill in the form with your contact details and the samples you would like to try. You can also use this form to request advice/further information about the labels you are interested in.
Specification Sheet: click here for detailed material specifications for matt white polyethylene labels.
Please click on the product images below for prices, information and to buy.
MINIMUM ORDER QUANTITY: The most popular sizes have a minimum order quantity of 25 sheets while all other sizes have a minimum order quantity of 500 sheets. The minimum order quantity for each product is listed under the product images below and on the individual product pages.
DESPATCH: Same day despatch on orders of 25, 50 or 100 sheets of matt white polyethylene labels and up to five working day despatch for orders of 500+ sheets of matt white polyethylene labels.