If you’ve never printed your own self adhesive labels before, you may be surprised to find that there are an alarming number of ways that things can go wrong. Here at Label Planet, we’ve spent years working with A4 labels and label templates, which makes us all too familiar with the struggle to produce perfectly printed sticky labels. This is why we’ve put together a dedicated help and advice section on our website to help you design and print your own self adhesive labels – with plenty of tips and tricks to help you out if things don’t go according to plan.
Things To Think About When Designing & Printing Self Adhesive Labels
There are a lot of different elements involved in printing self adhesive labels – which means there are plenty of ways for things to go wrong. This can make it difficult to work out exactly why things are going wrong (and how to fix it). Our help and advice pages include tips about:
- Your label template must be compatible with (the same as) your A4 labels.
- Your label template must be in a file format that your software can read and edit.
DESIGNING LABEL TEMPLATES
- Your design must align perfectly in ALL of the blank labels on your A4 sheet.
- Your design must fit the shaping of your blank labels (and you may need to adapt your design to suit).
- You need to work within the limitations of your design software (and your own experience of that software).
PRINTING LABEL TEMPLATES
- You need to use a suitable printer (i.e. with a media bypass tray and specified for thicker materials).
- You need to choose suitable print settings to get the best possible print quality and alignment.
- Your A4 labels must be loaded into your printer correctly.
Help And Advice From Label Planet
We’ve taken all of our knowledge and experience working with A4 labels and label templates to produce our help and advice resources. These include:
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: a quickfire guide to the most often asked questions about designing and printing label templates.
- FREE SAMPLES: make sure you’ve chosen the right self adhesive labels for your project (and have a test run at printing a label template).
- MATERIAL SPECIFICATION SHEETS: detailed information about the materials used to make our self adhesive labels.
- LABEL TEMPLATES: Word templates and PDF templates for all of our label sizes, including options for portrait and landscape orientations.
- TOP TIPS: a hit list of quick tips to help you avoid the most common problems that arise when printing self adhesive labels.
- GUIDES: a series of step-by-step guides to designing and printing self adhesive labels.
- TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE: this guide helps you to work out what is causing your design or print problem – and resolve it.
- LABEL GLOSSARY: a glossary of labelling terms that you might come across when designing and printing your own label templates.
- And last but not least…
In this weekly blog, we delve deeper into the process of designing and printing your own label templates. This includes definitions, how-tos, and step by step guides to designing and printing self adhesive labels. If you’ve encountered a particular issue or you need a starter’s guide to some of the individual steps involved in designing and printing label templates (for example, how to use copy and paste effectively), we recommend taking a look through our blog posts for more detailed help and advice.
How To Get Help And Advice With Label Templates & Self Adhesive Labels
To find our help and advice pages or to download label templates, simply visit our HELP HOME PAGE.
This page has links to all of our free resources to guide you through designing and printing self adhesive labels. This includes our free sample request service, our label templates, material specifications for all of our self adhesive labels, top tips, FAQs, guides, and troubleshooting tips.
If you can’t find an answer to a particular question or problem, get in touch with us for one-to-one advice. Email at any time or call during office hours (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm).