Our product codes are designed to be as simple and useful as possible, which means that (if you look closely enough) you can find out all sorts of information about our self-adhesive labels just by looking their product codes.
While a lot of label products have (random) alphanumerical codes that are easily confused and hold no meaningful reference to their products, we wanted our product codes to be as useful as the sticky labels themselves.
This is why we’ve created a system for labelling our printer labels, to incorporate the main features of each product (e.g. label size and shape, labels per sheet, label adhesive and material, colours and finishes etc) into the product code – so you know exactly what you’re getting from the start!
All of our blank label products (except for our CD & DVD labels and franking labels) have a code based on the following formula:
LP + No. of Labels Per Sheet + / + Label Width + Label Shape* + Label Adhesive/Material*
We start with “LP” to make it absolutely clear that a code belongs to self adhesive labels from Label Planet. Some companies use the SAME product codes as other companies, which can make it impossible to know where you bought a particular set of blank labels.
2. Self Adhesive Labels Per Sheet
Next we list the number of adhesive labels per sheet, followed by a forward slash.
Then we list the width of the label size (rounded to the nearest round number); for round labels this is the diameter of the circular labels and for oval labels this is the widest part of each oval label.
This is where the product codes for (most of) our rectangular standard matt white permanent labels end – for example:
- LP65/38: 65 rectangular labels per sheet with a label width of 38.1mm
- LP4/99: 4 labels per sheet with a label width of 99.1mm
- LP21/70: 21 labels per sheet with a label width of 70mm
The rest of our sticky labels have additional elements to indicate their shape, adhesive, material, finish, and colour.
4. Blank Label Shape
First, we add a label shape; square cut rectangular labels with a selvedge (blank strips at the top and bottom of each sheet) will have “S”, round labels have “R”, oval labels have “OV”, and square labels have “SQ” – for example:
- LP24/70S: 24 rectangular labels per sheet with a label width of 70mm and a selvedge of 8.7mm at the top and bottom of each sheet
- LP4/100R: 4 round labels per sheet with a diameter of 100mm
- LP8/90OV: 8 oval labels per sheet measuring 90mm at their widest point
- LP35/37SQ: 35 square labels per sheet with a label width of 37mm
The only exceptions are our CD labels & DVD labels, which begin with “LPCD” followed by the diameter of the round labels (e.g. LPCD117).
5. Material / Adhesive
Next we add the label adhesive and/or material; each product range has its own “range code”, which is taken from the initials of the material(s) used to make that particular product – for example:
- DF: Paper Labels with a Deep Freeze Adhesive
- WW: Paper Labels with a Water Wash-Off Adhesive
- GREM: Paper Labels with a Glass REMovable Adhesive
- GWPQ: Gloss White Photo Quality Paper Labels with a Standard Permanent Adhesive
- MPQ: Matt Premium Quality Paper Labels with a Standard Permanent Adhesive
- OPQ: Paper Labels with an OPaQue Adhesive
- MWPO: Matt White PolyOlefin Labels with a Marine Adhesive
- SVP: Silver Void Polyester Labels with a Void Adhesive
- CRD: Crimson ReD Labels with a Standard Permanent Adhesive
- REMCRD: Crimson ReD Labels with a Standard REMovable Adhesive
- LG: Laser Gold Paper Labels with a Standard Permanent Adhesive
- BRK: Brown Ribbed Kraft Labels with a Standard Permanent Adhesive
For a full list of the range codes that we use for all of our self-adhesive labels, simply visit our List Of A4 Label Materials page.
So, whether you want laser labels or inkjet labels, white labels or coloured labels, transparent labels or waterproof labels, permanent labels or removable labels, you can always take a quick look at the product code to make sure that you’ve got the sticky labels you need!