The arrival of a new school year heralds the start of all sorts of labelling projects for teachers and members of staff alike; whether you need labels for providing feedback on classwork and homework, setting targets for pupils to encourage progress, creating lesson plans to guide your classes through the term ahead, providing pastoral care throughout the year, or simply getting all of your administrative files, folders, and paperwork sorted out.
At Label Planet, we supply over 1000 schools across the country with a variety of label sizes and colours to help them get the new school year organised and under control! We’ve even put together a dedicated school section to help you find the perfect label size for a variety of purposes, including:
Target Setting & Assessment Labels
- Create pupil progress labels to provide pupils with targets at the beginning of a new year, term, or topic, which they can stick into their exercise books and use to keep track of their progress.
- Use coloured labels to indicate if work has undergone teacher, peer, or self-assessment, or create a colour coded system to categorise how well pupils are doing with a particular topic or subject.
Marking & Feedback Labels
- Print the school’s marking conventions onto labels that pupils can stick into their books and refer to throughout the year.
- Create feedback labels to quickly and easily add comments to work (especially those that you find yourself repeating over and over again); you could pre-print comments or create labels that include blank spaces for tailored feedback (for example: “two stars & a wish”, “what worked well”, and “even better if” labels).
- Make merit and reward badges as a simple, cheerful way to provide feedback on how a pupil is doing.
- Our LP18/63 label size is suitable for use with the Effective Marking Scheme and many schools buy their labels from us year after year; this size is kept in stock in large volumes, so the labels are ready for same day despatch when schools need to order (or re-order!).
Lesson Planning Labels
- Print out lesson objectives, success criteria, and WALT / WILF statements, which are particularly popular for use in literacy and numeracy lessons.
- Create vocabulary or keyword lists for a particular term or topic – pupils can stick these lists into their books so they have accurate spellings and/or definitions to refer to throughout the term or topic. Labels are also a brilliant way to add important diagrams or illustrations to exercise books (without having to resort to using messy glue sticks!).
Pastoral Care Labels
- Labels can be used for a variety of applications related to pastoral care; for example, labels can be used to organise and securely store pupil records, to colour code files to denote the year a pupil is in, to indicate pupils with special status or requirements, or to identify pupils with medical conditions or allergies.
- Labels can also be used to track and monitor behaviour, whether they are used to record incidents of bad behaviour, to indicate that a particular pupil has been placed under special supervision or on probation, or as a means of reporting behaviour back to parents (for example, by adding stickers to planners that parents are required to review and/or sign each week).
- Create a school-wide merit system to reward exceptional behaviour, improvement, or achievement; merit labels can be used to track progress and behaviour throughout the year before being added up at the end of term or year to determine which pupils should receive awards or certificates to reward them for their successes.
School Administration Labels
- We’ve got label sizes to suit all kinds of administration applications but one of the most popular uses for our labels is to label books, including exercise books, text books, library books, record books, and any other types of books you’ve got!
- Our coloured labels are a quick and easy way to colour code files and folders, paperwork and records into whatever categories you need to use – which makes it quicker and easier to find a particular file or group of files from the hundreds (and thousands) that schools tend to accumulate.
Ordering School Labels From Label Planet
You can choose to buy packs of 25 sheets (for small projects) or you can take advantage of our price break system and order your labels in bulk – saving you plenty of time and money. The majority of our school orders are despatched on the same or next working day (orders of 500+ sheets of made to order items can take up to 5 working days for despatch but paper products are usually despatched much sooner); we aim to have as many of the most popular label sizes used by our school customers in stock, even when they need to order particularly large volumes in preparation for a new term or school year.
Schools can order online, over the phone, by email, or by fax; you can choose to make payment with your order, request a pro-forma invoice against which you (or your Finance Department) can make payment, OR if you are a Local Education Authority School, you can request a 30 Day School Invoice.
If you wish to order by fax or email, please send us the details of your order on an official purchase order form OR on the school letterhead along with the signature of the individual responsible for making payment.
To choose the right labels for your school label application(s) you can use our List of All Labels page to see what materials are available, visit our Labels Listed By Width and Labels Listed By Height pages to see what sizes are available, try out our brand new Label Finder, contact our Customer Service Team for advice, or simply have a browse through our website.
Once you have chosen your labels, you can order online, get in touch with our Customer Service Team by phone, or simply send us an email or fax with the details of the labels you would like to order. If you have any questions or queries about placing an order for labels on behalf of a school, please feel free to get in touch and we’ll do our best to help!