Material Code: DF
- Key Facts
- Material: Standard Matt White Paper
- Printer Compatibility: Laser Printers
- Adhesive: Deep Freeze
- Waterproof: No
- Product Information
These labels are supplied on A4 sheets of standard matt white paper and have a special freezer adhesive. They can be printed on laser printers and photocopiers. The adhesive is a permanent acrylic based adhesive that provides good initial tack and long term adhesion on a range of surfaces in deep freeze conditions (to -40°C). These labels can be applied to items that are either already frozen or that will be frozen at a later date. These labels are designed to meet the needs of food and medical applications, which have strict legal requirements for frozen items to be labelled in a safe and hygienic manner. The adhesive complies with the German BgVV for indirect and short term contact with dry and moist food. Our freezer labels are most commonly used to label frozen food products with important product information, or to label medical and research samples with identifying information and notes.
Please note that we are more than happy to send out samples of our freezer labels so that customers can test them against their individual requirements.
- Common Uses
- Highlighting important information - the main purpose of freezer labels is to ensure that items stored in frozen conditions can be safely and clearly labelled with important information. Generally this information relates to identifying the item and any relative information that needs to be supplied along with the item. For example, with food products this could be allergen warnings or use by dates that provide important information to the consumer, for medical samples this will generally be identifying information to ensure that the sample is easily identified and processed correctly, and any frozen item that requires careful handling can be provided with important health and safety warnings or guidelines.
- Product information - freezer labels are used to ensure that frozen food products have key information clearly marked on them as required by industry standards. This includes ingredients, nutritional information, allergen warnings, instructions for use, and sell by or use by dates. Freezer labels are used throughout the food industry; from the manufacturers and farms producing frozen foods, through the businesses selling these products including supermarkets, butchers, fishmongers, restaurants, and re-packers, and on into individual homes.
- Medical samples - important identifying information can be applied to medical samples stored in hospital facilities before and after testing, to ensure that they are easy to identify and process correctly.
- Research samples - freezer labels are also required by laboratories, universities and general research facilities that need to identify samples that are stored in freezers as part of on-going research. Our freezer labels mean samples can be clearly marked with identifying information and notes or instructions related to the progress of individual projects.
- Further Information
You can find further information using the links on the right:
Alternative Labels: use these links to find similar or alternative labels to freezer labels. For example, customers selling frozen food may also be selling other food and drink items that require waterproof labels. We have a variety of waterproof labels, which can be found here.
Printing Templates: click here to download templates for these labels.
Sample Requests: click here to request samples of our freezer labels. Simply fill in the form with your contact details and the samples you would like to try. You can also use this form to request advice/further information about the labels you are interested in.
Specification Sheet: click here for detailed material specifications for freezer labels.
Please click on the product images below for prices, information and to buy.
MINIMUM ORDER QUANTITY: The most popular sizes have a minimum order quantity of 25 sheets while all other sizes have a minimum order quantity of 500 sheets. The minimum order quantity for each product is listed under the product images below and on the individual product pages.
DESPATCH: Same day despatch on orders of 25, 50 or 100 sheets of freezer labels and up to five working day despatch for orders of 500+ sheets of freezer labels.