Use our free sample service to make sure you get the right labels for your application.
Not sure which label is best for you? Need to find out if your printer is up to the job? Want to try out a label and see if it looks just right?
Then request your free samples now!
Simply let us know which samples you are interested in and we’ll make up a sample pack for you free of charge. You can use the Sample Request Form on our website or Get In Touch by phone or email (although if you do have a bit of a shopping list, it is usually easier to send us an email!).
All you need to do is let us know:
- Your name
- The address you need your samples sending to
- The samples you’d like to try
- If you have an inkjet or laser printer
Plus, if you throw in the application you need the labels for, we'll do our best to recommend which product or products are best for you.
Our sample packs include your samples (!), one of our brochures (so you can see the sizes and materials we can supply), and a Printing Advice Guide to help make sure you get the very best out of your samples. We have free templates on our website, so you can download the one you need and get designing.
A few things to remember:
- We can only provide samples of our stocked items – if you request a sample of an item that is made to order, we will send the closest possible equivalent; usually this will be a sample of the material, colour, or adhesive you want to test, and the size of label you want to try in a plain matt white label.
- Our samples go out by Royal Mail’s first class service (which is not a guaranteed service) so if you are working to a deadline, please bear in mind that you will need to leave time to receive the labels, test the labels, make a decision, and then place an order.
- We despatch samples same or next working day where possible – we aim to have all sample requests fulfilled within three working days. If you do need your samples urgently, make sure you let us know!
- Be as specific as you can – samples are most effective when you have a starting point to work from.
If you can, request the exact label that you want to try. If you’re not sure what kind of label you need, feel free to ask our advice, as we may be able to point you in the direction of the best option or options for your particular requirements – and you won’t end up overwhelmed with different choices.
We like to make sure that you will get useful samples, rather than sending out labels that are actually of no use at all and will simply get thrown away. So, if your sample request is rather vague (“sticky labels”, “labels for a box/a jar/a product”, “big labels”, “small labels”, “samples of everything”), run through a few basic questions first to narrow down your options:
- Do you need laser or inkjet labels?
- Do you need white, coloured, or transparent labels?
- Do you need waterproof labels?
- Do you need permanent or removable labels?
- What size of label do you need?
[If you’re not sure, take a measurement of the object you are sticking the label onto, so you can request labels that fit into those dimensions]