- These opaque labels are supplied on A4 sheets of matt white paper with a black opaque coating on the reverse side and a permanent opaque adhesive. They are suitable for use with inkjet and laser printers or for handwriting. The opaque coating and adhesive do not transmit light, which means that they cannot be seen through and so will cover up any existing printwork or design on labelled items.
- Also known as blockout labels, opaque labels are used specifically for label applications where the primary purpose is to ensure that existing print and/or designs are completely covered up or “blocked out” so that they cannot be seen once an opaque label has been added. Opaque labels may be used to cover up mistakes, update out of date information, recycle packaging or other printed items, or even to create a clear, blank background onto which new information or designs can be added.
- Covering up mistakes in existing print – opaque labels can be used to cover up mistakes on printed materials when adding a label (printed with the correct information) over the top of the offending error(s) is an easier, cheaper, and quicker solution compared with having the entire batch reprinted.
- Covering up out of date information – block out labels can also be used to replace out of date information on existing printed materials so there is no need to throw out perfectly usable materials just because they include information that is out of date.
- Recycling packaging and envelopes – opaque labels can be used to cover up existing branding or address/shipping information on packaging and envelopes so that they can be reused without having to pay for new packaging and/or stationery.
- Creating a blank background on items – if existing print or design work is particularly bold and/or dark in colour, it may show through any labels that are applied over the top, which will spoil or obscure the additional design or print. Opaque labels provide a blank background for any additional print or design elements that need to be added to existing printwork so that the new elements remain perfectly clear and legible.
Download A Template: click here to download templates for these opaque labels.
Request A Sample: click here to request a sample of our opaque material.
Find An Alternative: you could also opt for one of our thicker materials (such as matt white polyethylene) or more opaque finishes (such as our kraft paper and metallic gold & silver), which will block out more than standard paper – although they will not provide the complete coverage of an actual opaque label.
25 Sheet Minimum
Same Working Day Despatch Up To 100 Sheets
Full Range of Sizes - 25 or 500 Sheet Minimum
Same Working Day Despatch up to 100 Sheets, Up To 5 Working Days For Despatch Of 500+ Sheets
Very good product...
Very good product.MK
24th Jun 2021
Great product, thank you for the great service...
Great product, thank you for the great service.Beverley Turner
14th Nov 2019