- These opaque labels are supplied on A4 sheets of matt white paper with a black opaque coating on the reverse side and a permanent opaque adhesive; they are suitable for use with inkjet and laser printers or for handwriting. The opaque coating and adhesive do not transmit light, which means that these labels cannot be seen through and so will cover up any existing printwork or design on the items that they are used to label.
- Also known as “Blockout” labels, opaque labels are used specifically for label applications where the primary purpose is to ensure that existing print and/or designs are completely covered up or “blocked out” so that they cannot be seen once an opaque label has been added. Opaque labels may be used to cover up mistakes, to update out of date information, to recycle packaging or other printed items, or even to create a clear, blank background onto which new information or designs can be added.
- Covering Up Mistakes In Existing Print – opaque labels can be used to cover up mistakes on printed materials when adding a label (printed with the correct information) over the top of the offending error(s) is an easier, cheaper, and quicker solution compared with having the entire batch reprinted.
- Covering Up Out Of Date Information – these labels can also be used to replace out of date information on existing printed materials so there is no need to throw out perfectly usable materials just because they include information that is out of date.
- Recycling Packaging & Envelopes – opaque labels can be used to cover up existing branding or address/shipping information on packaging and envelopes so that they can be reused without having to pay for new packaging and/or stationery.
- Creating A Blank Background On Items – if the existing print or design on an item is particularly bold and/or dark in colour, it may show through any standard labels that are applied over the top and make it difficult to read the information on these labels. Opaque labels provide a blank background for any additional print or design elements that need to be added to existing printwork so that the new elements remain perfectly clear and legible.
Download A Template: click here to download templates for these opaque labels.
Request A Sample: click here to request a sample of our opaque labels.
Find An Alternative: you could also opt for one of our thicker materials (such as Matt White Polyethylene) or more opaque finishes (such as our Kraft Paper and Metallic Gold & Silver Labels), which will block out more than a standard paper label will – although they will not provide the complete coverage of an actual opaque label.
25 Sheet Minimum
Same Working Day Despatch Up To 100 Sheets
Full Range of Sizes - 25 or 500 Sheet Minimum
Same Working Day Despatch up to 100 Sheets, Up to 7 * Working Day Despatch for 500+ Sheets (* Due To Extraordinary 2020 Christmas Volumes)
Great product, thank you for the great service...
Great product, thank you for the great service.Beverley Turner