Learn more about the little extras that we offer at Label Planet to help you print your own labels.
While we strive to make it as easy as possible to buy the labels you need, we also like to go the extra mile and offer as much help as possible when it comes to printing those labels (unless, of course, you’re after blank labels and/or you’ve got some creative calligraphy in mind!).
We’ve created a section on our website devoted to help and advice on designing and printing labels, which we’ve rather straightforwardly named “Help & Advice”. In this section, you’ll find all sorts of helpful extras including:
- Request Label Samples: if you’re not sure which label is right for the application you have in mind, we recommend requesting a sample and testing the labels first (in the exact conditions you need them for) so you’re certain they’re suitable before you buy.
- Dos and Don’ts: EIGHT basic tips that prevent the most common problems that occur when printing labels.
- Designing & Printing Labels: our basic guide to designing and printing labels, including advice on setting up a template, design tips, printing advice, and some troubleshooting assistance.
- FAQs: our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we receive from our customers, including questions about Printing, Delivery, Choosing The Right Label, Label Types, and Payment and Refunds.
- Printing Circles Info: a basic guide to printing circular (and oval) labels, which generally prove to be a bit trickier than the more straightforward rectangular shape, along with more information about the round (and oval) label sizes that we supply.
- Printing Mirrored Text and Images: information about how to create “Mirrored” labels in Word; if you want to apply your labels to one side of a transparent surface but need them to be readable from the OTHER side, you will need to ensure that your text and/or images are printed in reverse (or “mirrored”).
- Smartstamp® Info: information about the Royal Mail’s Smartstamp® Service, which allows individuals and business to print their own stamps directly onto their mail items.
- Glossary of Label Terms: terms commonly used in the Label Industry along with a (hopefully) helpful definition for each term.
- Material Specification Sheets: a collection of material specification sheets for the label product ranges supplied by Label Planet; these pages contain more detailed information about our labels and the materials that are used to make our products.
- Label Printing Templates: we provide templates in Word and PDF formats for all of our label sizes, so if you haven’t got a template to hand or you can’t find the template you need (and you aren’t quite confident enough to set up your own), you can download the template you need from our website – completely free of charge!
We’re currently setting up brand new Information Pages for all of the label sizes we supply; each Information Page will contain information about that particular label size, advice and tips about working with that label size, templates for that label size, and a complete list of the material options available for that label size. These pages are an ongoing project, and we’ll add new pages as they are ready; in the meantime you can continue to download templates from our Label Templates Page.