Template Tuesday Presents...a guide to finding and opening built-in label templates in Word.
Follow these simple steps:
- Open Word and create a new BLANK DOCUMENT
- Click on the MAILINGS tab at the top of the page and click on LABELS. This brings up a “Envelopes and Labels” box; to access the built-in templates, click on the OPTIONS button.
- Ensure that LABEL VENDOR is set correctly (e.g. A4/A5) and locate your template in the list. Click OK, and then click on the NEW DOCUMENT button in the “Envelopes and Labels” box.
- Some label manufacturers supply multiple ranges and each of these ranges may have a separate entry in the "Label Vendor" list (e.g. "Manufacturer Range A4/A5" and "Manufacturer Range Europe") so you need to choose the correct Label Vendor FIRST to bring up the correct list of templates.
- There are a LOT of built-in templates in this list; left click once on ANY of the codes and type the first character(s) of your code to jump down the list.
A new Word document will open, containing your chosen label template. You should be able to see the layout of your labels in the form of light grey dotted outlines (see right).
If you can’t see the outlines, Table Gridlines are turned off; to turn them on, left click once anywhere in the middle of the page to bring up two “Table Tools” tabs at the top of the ribbon. Click on the LAYOUT tab and click on the VIEW GRIDLINES button.
Next Week On Template Tuesday: Definitions – What Does “Compatible” Mean?