Template Tuesday Presents...our top tips for getting crafty with Christmas labels.
Lots of people like to get crafty for Christmas with home-made gifts, cards, and decorations to bring a truly personal touch to all their festivities.
Christmas Labels – Create All Of The Christmas Crafts!
There are plenty of ways to use labels at Christmas – and our customers have certainly come up with some creative craft projects for their Label Planet labels. Along with more traditional applications (like address labels, product labels, and gift tags), our Christmas labels have been used as:
- Playing pieces in homemade Christmas board games and card games, “Who Am I” cards, seasonal variations of “Pin the Tail on the Donkey”, and scavenger hunt clues.
- Stick on Christmas hats and accessories for parties – like name badges!
- Christmas decorations and homemade Advent calendars.
- Labels for homemade food and drink.
- Elements in personalised presents, including homemade photo albums, calendars, and a family tree.
- Table place holders for Christmas parties big and small.
- Badges for Christmas competitions, tournaments, and pub quizzes.
- Labels for Christmas fairs and exhibitions.
Christmas Labels – Pick The Perfect Material For A Festive Finish!
We’ve got a wide range of label sizes and materials with some fantastic options for the perfect festive finish!
- Coloured labels: instantly create a decorative background with coloured labels. We’ve got metallic gold and silver for a luxurious festive feel, brown Kraft paper for a natural homemade finish, pretty pastels for a subtle blush of colour, and fabulous fluorescents for a bright burst of colour!
- Premium quality paper labels: our MPQ labels have a super smooth, bright white surface, which creates top quality print results especially when printing high resolution artwork or photographs.
- Gloss labels: add a touch of seasonal shimmer with our glossy paper labels.
- Transparent labels: the perfect addition if you’re labelling items with a festive finish all of their own. Avoid plastering labels over your festive designs and avoid the nightmare of colour matching by choose a transparent label instead.
Christmas Labels – Top Tips For The Festive Season
Whatever Christmas crafting you decide to take on this year, here are a few top tips that can help you to perfect your projects!
- Keep things simple! Don’t take on more than you can do and don’t make things overly complicated for yourself.
- Round labels and oval labels might look nicer but they’re more difficult to print properly.
- Design software might let you do more but you might find that you have more success with more familiar software (like Word).
- If you’re using Word, remember that it is a word processor and will always prioritise text over any other elements that you add. If you want to use images or shapes, make the most of the Picture Tools and Drawing Tools format tabs (select your image or shape to bring up the additional formatting tab at the top of the page). If nothing else, change the Wrap Text option to “Tight” to give yourself more control over where you can position different elements.
- Avoid complicated designs and take care around the edges of your labels where any slight misalignment will look more obvious. Avoid borders if you can (oversize them if you can’t) and oversize coloured background (colour match the edges if your labels don’t have gaps all the way around). Remember that centralised designs are easier to align!
- Use copy and paste! If your labels use the same (or similar) designs, add your design to the first label and then copy and paste it into the rest of your labels to complete your template more quickly and accurately.
- Go through your printer’s print settings BEFORE you print and make sure that all of the settings are suitable.
- DO A TEST PRINT ONTO PAPER FIRST!!!!!
More Tips & Tricks From Label Planet
We’ve put together a range of tips and advices pages, which are handily grouped together in our HELP section. You’ll find guides to designing and printing your own labels, troubleshooting tips, helpful hints, and, of course, label templates that are free to download. If you run into a particular problem, remember you can always get in touch with our Customer Service Team for one-to-one advice.
Of course, our top tip for chaos-free Christmas labels is to ORDER EARLY so you have plenty of time to get creative.
Remember you need to leave time for your labels to arrive, to design your label template, to print your label template, and to get your Christmas labels applied in plenty of time for Christmas.
Royal Mail’s first class service is less reliable in December and can take several days to arrive. If you need your labels urgently, we recommend upgrading to Special Delivery. Delivery times for larger quantities of labels (500 sheet boxes) may also be longer at this time of year.
So head on over to our homepage to get your Christmas labels ordered now!