At Label Planet, we offer a range of help and advice about designing and printing labels. Visit our home page to discover how we can help you print your own labels or use the links below.
- Word templates do NOT show the circular shape of your CD labels or DVD labels; these templates are made up of a grid of squares, where each round label sits within one of the squares with its outermost points touching each of the four sides.
- Word templates can be edited using software that can process Word’s .docx file format (e.g. Word, Pages), while PDF templates can only be edited using a graphics package (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign).
- If prompted, select “save” (not open), before using your software to open your saved template (File > Open).
- You may need to click on an “Enable Editing” button/banner before you can make changes to your template.
- If you can’t see the outline of the labels in a Word template, you need to turn on table gridlines (visit our Label Printing Guide to find out how).
Once you have designed your template, always do a test print onto blank paper before printing onto your labels; this will allow you to check the accuracy of your template and your printer’s alignment – and make any necessary adjustments required to get the best possible alignment – before you put your labels in your printer.
For more advice, please read our Guide To Designing & Printing Labels. You can also watch our short video - How To Find Label Templates For Special Label Sizes, which explains how to download a template. Request A Sample if you would like to have a few sheets on hand to practice designing and printing your own labels.
These Word Templates & PDF Templates have been tested for accuracy as of Autumn/Winter 2016.
Every single template we provide has been set up by our Template Team & thoroughly reviewed before being added to our website to ensure that they are 100% compatible with our label products, easy to use for beginners and experts, and as trouble free as it is possible for a label template to be! Should you experience any problems with our templates, please get in touch with our Customer Service Team.