Address labels are a really brilliant way to personalise your mail in a few simple steps.
Whether you’re a professional looking to smarten up your business mail, a company wanting to brand your envelopes and/or packages, or an individual who wants to make their post that extra bit special, designing and printing your own address labels is a really easy way to make your mail stand out.
HOW CAN I PERSONALISE MY ADDRESS LABELS?
You can personalise address labels in all kinds of ways, including:
- Fonts – simply taking some time to choose the right font can be a really easy way to improve the look of your address labels. If you’re creating labels for a special event you could match the colour and style to the theme of the event, or you could replicate your company’s brand colours for a subtle way to boost brand awareness for your business or organisation.
- Images – for an eye-catching and unique finishing touch on any postal item, you could add a photograph, company logo, picture, or even a design of your own creation.
- Colour – adding colour to your address labels is the perfect way to brighten up any envelope or parcel and you can use colour to tailor your labels to a particular event, promote brand awareness by using company colours, or just throw in every colour of the rainbow for a bit of fun!
- Materials – you can also enhance the appearance of your envelopes or parcels simply by choosing a different kind of label material. For example, we supply pastel coloured labels (for a subtle bloom of colour), fluorescent coloured labels (for an eye-catching burst of colour), Kraft paper labels (for a natural, home-made feel), gloss address labels (for a decorative shine), and transparent labels (for envelopes or parcels that already have a decorative finish of their own).
HOW DO I CREATE ADDRESS LABELS?
While you CAN simply type your addresses into a template (or perhaps copy and paste them from an existing list), it’s always worth considering using a Mail Merge tool, like the one available in Word, especially if you need to print a LOT of labels.
Mail merge tools are designed to create multiple documents or items based on a single template document and a data source – for example, a Word template and an Excel spreadsheet. Most mail merge tools include an option to create address labels in this way (although the tool can also be utilised to create other sorts of labels, such as product labels).
You add your design to the template and insert placeholders for the information that will be drawn from your data source (for address labels, this would be the name of the recipient and their address); your software will then merge your template and your data source to create a set of labels containing one personalised label for every recipient in your data source.
We recommend using the Mail Merge Wizard in Word – while you can complete the various steps in a mail merge yourself, we find that it is always easier to use the Wizard, which will guide you through the process step by step.
To start the Mail Merge Wizard:
- Click on Mailings > Start Mail Merge > Step By Step Mail Merge Wizard (Word 2007 onwards + Word For Mac 2016)
WHY SHOULD I BUY ADDRESS LABELS FROM LABEL PLANET?
At Label Planet, we have a huge range of address labels available for same day despatch from stock. Our labels are available in packs of 25 sheets (or boxes of 500 sheets) and our website features straightforward all-inclusive pricing so you simply select the address labels you want and pay the price you see. We also offer next day delivery options if you want to make sure that your labels arrive in plenty of time – especially if you’ve got a big deadline to meet.
We also supply free label templates for all of our label sizes (in Word and PDF formats) and our address labels are made in "standard" label sizes, which are compatible with label templates that are built in to a range of software. You can also visit our Help Section for tips and advice on designing and printing your own labels and our Customer Service Team is on hand Monday to Friday (9am-5pm) to provide one-to-one advice if you need us!
Visit our Address Labels page to take a look at the different material options we recommend for address labels or to buy your own address labels today!