We aim to get your labels despatched and delivered to you as quickly and efficiently as we can.
Despatch and delivery timings depend on what item(s) you’re ordering and the quantity you need. So, how do you know how long your order will take?
Generally speaking, our products can be divided into two groups, which determines the despatch estimate:
1. Stocked items (orders under 500 sheets)
These items are kept in our office as stock, which means they are ready and available for same day despatch when orders are placed before 4:30pm (Mon-Fri).
These items can be identified on our website as the items with a 25 sheet minimum order quantity. They are grouped at the top of the range pages, and are the only items to have a 25 sheet option on the product page – essentially, if you can order 25 sheets, then the item is generally in stock and available for same day despatch.
2. Stocked items (orders over 500 sheets) and unstocked items
These items are either kept in stock at our warehouse or are made to order, which means that the despatch/delivery times for these items will vary slightly:
- Standard paper with a permanent adhesive: these items are kept in stock at our warehouse and will be despatched on a next working day carrier service (when orders are placed before 3pm). The only exception would be if a very high volume is required, in which case the items would be made to order, usually within two to three days.
- Non-standard items (including special adhesives, polyester & polyethylene materials, colours etc): these items are made to order, which means they have a despatch estimate of up to five working days.
If you have any questions about how long a particular item will take to be despatched/delivered – or if you have a particularly urgent order – we do advise customers to get in touch with us and we can confirm the estimates for that particular item.
Our standard delivery is either Royal Mail’s first class service (stocked items sent from our office, under 250 sheets) or a next working day carrier service. We do have next working day delivery options, which are available either in the checkout (if available for the particular items/quantity being ordered) or for orders placed by phone. We do encourage customers to add one of these shipping options if they have a deadline that they need to meet – even on smaller orders as Royal Mail’s first class is not a guaranteed service (while around 93% of first class mail does arrive the next day, the remainder will take a extra day or so – particularly if the item is being sent long distance or to London).
For items being sent outside of the UK mainland, the delivery times will vary slightly.
- Northern Ireland & Islands With UK Postcodes
Standard delivery is Royal Mail’s first class service or a 2-3 working day carrier service. Optional shipping upgrades may be available in the checkout or by phone.