- These labels are supplied on A4 sheets of semi-gloss white paper with a permanent adhesive, and are suitable for use with laser printers. The paper has been machine coated to create a smooth semi-gloss finish, which creates high quality print results. These labels are often chosen to give a decorative or professional finish, particularly when a subtle finishing touch is required. The semi-gloss finish provides an excellent compromise between the plain finish of a matt label and the bright, shiny finish of a full gloss label. Semi-gloss labels are also ideal for situations where labels may need to be wiped clean as they are considered to be ‘splashproof’. This makes them popular choices for promotional and marketing purposes (e.g. branding products, labels on product packaging, promotional labels on displays, or labels on marketing materials), as labels for containers such as bottles and jars, and for labelling media storage devices such as CDs and DVDs. The semi-gloss material makes them ideal for highlighting additional information or for matching a surface that itself has a semi-gloss finish.
- We also supply gloss white labels for inkjet or laser printing (product code GWPQ) and gloss white labels for laser printing only (product code GW), which do have a full gloss finish. While our gloss white laser labels and our semi-gloss white labels are considered 'splashproof', we advise that if you need labels that will survive in damp or wet conditions (for example on bathroom products) you should choose one of our waterproof materials. All of our waterproof laser label options, including a gloss white polyester label, can be found by clicking on the 'Waterproof Laser Labels' link on the left.
- Marketing and promotion – the semi-gloss finish makes additional details (company information) or promotional information (special offers) stand out on existing marketing materials or products. Marketing and promotional items such as posters and leaflets are often printed onto high quality paper with a gloss or semi-gloss finish, which makes semi-gloss labels an ideal way to add information without detracting or distracting attention from the finish of the original material. Semi-gloss labels are often chosen as an ideal compromise when a full gloss finish is considered to be overly decorative, but a plain matt label lacks the professional finishing touch required for marketing and promotional materials.
- Product and packaging labelling – semi-gloss labels are great way to label products or product packaging with a more decorative finish than a plain white label. This can be particularly useful if a customer wants to create a high end look for their products or if they have decorative items to sell and want labels to match. Using a semi-gloss white label can also draw a customer’s attention to important information, whether company information, sale information, or a particular selling point of the item. Semi-gloss labels are often chosen as a middle ground between the duller finish of a matt paper label and the shine of a full gloss paper label. If items are being kept in conditions where they may be splashed or get slightly dirty, these splashproof labels are easy to wipe clean and dry.
- Jars and bottles – many of our customers sell products in jars and bottles, ranging from cosmetics through to wine and condiments. Our semi-gloss labels are well-suited to this purpose as they can easily be wiped clean if they are splashed lightly and the semi-gloss material creates a professional and quality look that sits well with containers of all kinds.
- Organising – semi-gloss labels are also a great way to organise home or business spaces with a subtle decorative finish. These labels can be used to create a smart, professional filing system across files and folders, in and out trays, as well as boxes and storage units. Another common use is for shelving labels in warehouses and shops, kitchens and office spaces at home, or in school cloakrooms, classrooms and on lockers.
Download A Template: click here to download templates for these semi-gloss labels.
Request A Sample: click here to request a sample of our semi-gloss white paper labels.
Find An Alternative: we also have paper labels available with a full gloss finish, suitable For Laser Printers or For Inkjet And Laser Printers. If you’re looking specifically for a semi-gloss finish, you could try our Metallic Gold and Metallic Silver labels, which both have a textured semi-gloss finish.
Semi-Gloss White Paper
25 Sheet Minimum
Same Working Day Despatch Up To 100 Sheets
Full Range of Sizes - 25 or 500 Sheet Minimum
Same Working Day Despatch up to 100 Sheets, 5 to 7* Working Day Despatch for 500+ Sheets (* Due To Supply Issues This Year)
Fast and easy service quality product
Fast and easy service quality productPete
12th Apr 2021
very good service and good quality labels
very good service and good quality labelsKasim Hawa
25th Nov 2020
Good product. good service...
Good product. good service.Simon Rheinberg
19th Jun 2019
Perfect for my order labels, the gloss looks...
Perfect for my order labels, the gloss looks makes them really professional. Template perfect and so easy to useMelanie Freeman
15th Oct 2018
The labels are as described, they work great...
The labels are as described, they work great on jars and print well. They arrived the next day, great service.Sarah Middleton
16th Apr 2018
good quality, none sticky great
good quality, none sticky greatMrs Turner
26th Jul 2017
Initially struggled to make it work on the...
Initially struggled to make it work on the printer but the company was very helpful in giving suggestions. In the end I figured there was more likely an issue with the printer. Tried it on a smaller printer and works a treat.Anonymous
12th Apr 2017