- These labels are supplied on A4 sheets of matt white polypropylene with a permanent waterproof adhesive and are suitable for use with inkjet printers. Our polypropylene labels are usually chosen for applications that require durable waterproof labels that can be printed with an inkjet printer. Standard inkjet materials tend not to be used because most inkjet inks are water-based – and will run or smudge when wet. Our polypropylene material, however, has a special top coating that helps ink to dry efficiently and fixes print in place while also acting as a protective (and waterproof) barrier for that print.
- A label’s adhesion depends on four factors; the strength of the adhesive, the length of time the label is stuck onto an item, the temperature, and the surface onto which the label is applied. These four factors interact with each other, so we advise that customers request a sample to test in their own unique conditions.
- Long life tracking labels – the polypropylene and marine adhesive are both highly durable materials, which are perfect for long life applications, such as tracking labels. Address or shipping information can be added onto items that may be sent long distance (including overseas) or exposed to damp conditions. Polypropylene labels can also be used to add tracking information onto items that will be transported and/or put into storage. They can be printed with identifying information, delivery or storage instructions, or tracking information stored in the form of a barcode or QR code.
- Outdoor or marine conditions – in meeting the requirements of the BS5609 part 2 standard for marine immersion, these waterproof inkjet labels can be used for applications that involve exposure to outdoor and/or marine conditions. Common examples of applications include labelling chemicals, medical and laboratory supplies, kitchen and bathroom, products, gardening products and equipment, swimming pools, equipment rental facilities, marinas, water sports companies, landscaping and gardening companies, construction and maintenance companies, and any situation where identifying information, instructions, or signs need to remain firmly in place even under challenging (and variable) conditions.
- Curved and uneven surfaces – these polypropylene labels were designed for adding health and safety warnings and identifying information to curved chemical drums. The flexibility of the polypropylene and the strength of the marine adhesive are well suited to labelling all kinds of curved objects, including containers such as bottles and jars.
- Retail – polypropylene labels can be used to add product information, company details, prices, or special features and promotions onto products, including items that have unusually shaped packaging or packaging that is made with unusual materials. They are also ideal for use in external shop displays or garden centres, as product labels on bathroom and kitchen products, or for any products that are intended for outdoor use and/or storage.
Download A Template: click here to download templates for these waterproof inkjet labels.
Request A Sample: click here to request a sample of our waterproof polypropylene material.
Find An Alternative: our marine adhesive is also on our matt white polyethylene, matt white polyolefin, and matt white polyester materials. For a short guide on finding the labels you need, check out our home page.
White Waterproof Inkjet Labels
25 Sheet Minimum
Same Working Day Despatch Up To 100 Sheets
Full Range of Sizes - 25 or 500 Sheet Minimum
Same Working Day Despatch up to 100 Sheets, Up To 5 Working Days For Despatch Of 500+ Sheets
We received a sample as unsure whether these...
We received a sample as unsure whether these labels would work with our print and for the application. The sample arrive quickly and worked perfectly so we ordered our first pack. We are using them for MOT/Service reminders in commercial vehicle windows. They print well, with a nice finish, good adhesion but can be taken off if needed without damage or residue. Will definitely buy again.Wilkins
22nd Feb 2023
Excellent company - great products, best price around...
Excellent company - great products, best price around - can't fault them at all!Caroline Lee-Smith
26th Nov 2020
Since discovering these labels/this company I wouldn't go...
Since discovering these labels/this company I wouldn't go anywhere else. Excellent quality, and perfect for my products. Fast delivery and the customer service is fab.Nellie B
11th Nov 2020
I explained to the customer service what I...
I explained to the customer service what I wanted, and they recommended these. We only have an inkjet printer , therefore needed something that could deal with it and the freezer. These are the best option until we have a lazar printer.Anne Banks
10th Nov 2020
When I first used these labels I thought...
When I first used these labels I thought I had found a solution to my problem. I needed a water and oil proof label that could be printed on an inkjet printer. Unfortunately, over time these labels don't live up to their waterproof claim and the ink has smudged and run when the product is used in a number of different environments. They are great labels in every other way and provide a good quality finish. They are just not waterproof or oil proof.Anonymous
13th Aug 2019