- These labels are supplied on A4 sheets of matt white polyolefin with a permanent waterproof adhesive. They are suitable for use with laser printers and photocopiers or with inkjet printers (although standard inkjet inks are not waterproof). Polyolefin is thicker than our other materials (but thinner than polyethylene), which means that we recommend comparing the specification of this material against those of your printer and/or to request a sample to test.
- Polyolefin is softer and more pliable than our polyester materials, which means that they are perfectly suited to labelling curved and/or unusual surfaces. Our polyolefin labels are usually chosen because they are more durable than paper, more pliable than polyester, thinner than polyethylene, and/or waterproof. These waterproof labels are best suited to long term applications or conditions that standard labels are unlikely to survive (especially outdoor environments).
- Our matt white polyolefin labels are waterproof due to the polyolefin material, the waterproof adhesive, and the laser printing process. They are well-suited to conditions where the printed label is likely to get wet. Common uses include labelling bottles and containers that hold liquids, in damp conditions such as kitchens and bathrooms, labelling items that are displayed outside shops or in garden centres, or labelling packages that are to be shipped long distance. The materials also conform to the BS5609 part 2 standard for marine immersion, which means they have been tested in salt water at mid-tide for a period of three months, and are suitable for use in outdoor and marine environments.
- Long life tracking labels – the polyolefin and marine adhesive are both highly durable materials, which are ideal for long life applications, such as tracking labels. They can be used to add address or shipping information onto items that may be sent long distance (including overseas) or exposed to damp conditions, or can be used to add tracking information to items that will be transported and/or put into storage. They can be printed with identifying information, delivery or storage instructions, or tracking information stored in the form of a barcode or QR code.
- Outdoor or marine conditions – our polyolefin labels meet the requirements of the BS5609 part 2 standard for marine immersion, which means they can be used for applications that involve exposure to outdoor and/or marine conditions. Common examples include labelling chemicals, medical and laboratory supplies, kitchen and bathroom, products, gardening products and equipment, swimming pools, equipment rental facilities, marinas, water sports companies, landscaping and gardening companies, construction and maintenance companies, and any situation where identifying information, instructions, or signs need to remain firmly in place even under challenging (and variable) conditions.
- Curved and uneven surfaces – polyester materials have a strong “memory”, which means that they try to return to their original state when they are deformed. This can result in them beginning to peel off curved surfaces if the adhesive isn’t strong enough to overcome the memory of the material. Our polyolefin labels were designed for the purpose of adding health and safety warnings and identifying information to curved chemical drums, and the flexibility of the polyolefin and the strength of the marine adhesive are well suited to labelling all kinds of curved objects, including containers such as bottles and jars.
- Retail labels – polyolefin labels can be used to add product information, company details, prices, or special features and promotions onto products, particularly items that have unusually shaped packaging or packaging that is made with unusual materials. They are also ideal for use in external shop displays or garden centres, as product labels on bathroom and kitchen products, or for any products that are intended for outdoor use and/or storage.
Download A Template: click here to download templates for these waterproof polyolefin labels.
Request A Sample: click here to request a sample of our waterproof polyolefin material.
White Heavyweight Waterproof Labels
25 Sheet Minimum
Same Working Day Despatch Up To 100 Sheets
Full Range of Sizes - 25 or 500 Sheet Minimum
Same Working Day Despatch up to 100 Sheets, Up To 5 Working Days For Despatch Of 500+ Sheets
Absolutely fine. Quality. price and delivery
Absolutely fine. Quality. price and deliveryEd Read
10th Jul 2022
All told not a brilliant experience and will...
All told not a brilliant experience and will be looking elsewhere next time.Anonymous
11th Mar 2020
RIGHT PRODUCT, GREAT PRICES, EXCELLENT SERVICE. WHAT ELSE CAN...
RIGHT PRODUCT, GREAT PRICES, EXCELLENT SERVICE. WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY?Phillip Stringer
1st Apr 2019
Good quality, fully waterproof print even on a...
Good quality, fully waterproof print even on a cheap deskjet printer.Lindsay Simons
14th May 2018